- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1½ lb./680 g chicken breast cut into ½ in/1.25 cm pieces
- 1¼ tsp. kosher salt divided
- 2 poblano peppers seeded finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded finely diced
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 1 (7-oz./198 g) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
Prepare pasta and chicken
- In the base/water reservoir of the Smart Multi-Cooker, add elbow macaroni and ¼ tsp. of the salt. Add water to the max fill line for steaming and stir. Place shielded colander into base/water reservoir.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with remaining salt, stir to distribute. Place shallow colander on top of shielded colander.
- Add peppers in an even layer. Cover with shielded cover and microwave on high power 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove cover and set aside. Transfer peppers into shielded colander with chicken. Using the shallow colander, drain pasta.
- Add pasta to chicken and peppers.
Make the sauce
- In the base of the Supersonic Chopper Tall fitted with blade attachment, add tomato, chipotle peppers, garlic, cocoa powder, cumin, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Cover and pull cord until well blended and smooth.
- Transfer sauce to the large Micro Pitcher and microwave 45 seconds on high power.
- Stir and microwave 45 seconds more. Add sauce to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve warm with your favorite fresh garnishes.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.