- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cold and cut in chunks
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 8-10 tbsp. ice water
- 8 gala apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar plus more for topping
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Make crust by placing flour, butter, salt and sugar in base of SuperSonic Chopper Extra fitted with blade attachment. Replace cover and pull cord until well combined. Attach funnel and add water a few tablespoons at a time until dough forms; discard any leftover water. Knead until it comes together and shape into a disc. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Make filling by mixing all ingredients except egg in Thatsa Medium Bowl; set aside.
- Divide pie dough in two and roll out thin. Drape one sheet of pie dough onto pie plate and press down gently. Brush with a thin layer of egg wash.
- Use Scoop N Drain to drain apples and add apple filling on top of pie dough. Add remaining pie dough sheet on top of apple filing and pinch edges with fork all the way around. Use Paring Knife to make three slits on the center of the top crust, brush with remaining egg wash and sprinkle granulated sugar evenly on top.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5-10 minutes and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.