- ½ lb./225 g ingredient penne pasta
- 8.5-oz./240 g jar sun-dried tomatoes with oil reserved
- ½ lb./225 g Italian Sausage casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped using Supersonic Chopper Tall
- 1 large yellow pepper chopped using Supersonic Chopper Tall
- 1 large red pepper chopped using Supersonic Chopper Tall
- 1 tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 12-oz./250 g can evaporated milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 baguette slices ¼ in/.6 cm thick
- 2 tbsp tomato oil (reserved from jar)
- ¼ tsp Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
Make the pasta
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175°
- Prepare pasta according to package directions using the Microwave Pasta Maker and set aside.
- Place 1 tbsp. of reserved tomato oil in fry pan over medium heat cooking Italian sausage until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from fry pan and set aside. In same fry pan, heat additional 1 tbsp. reserved tomato oil over medium heat and sauté tomatoes, garlic, onions, peppers, seasoning blend and salt 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cream to fry pan. In small bowl, whisk cornstarch into water until dissolved, add to fry pan and bring sauce to a low simmer.
- Stir Italian sausage into sauce in fry pan.
- Combine pasta and sauce in UltraPro 3.7-Qt./3.5 L Casserole Pan and stir. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is warmed through.
Bake the crostini
- Place baguette slices into inverted UltraPro Casserole Pan cover. Using a pastry brush, brush tomato oil onto top side of baguette slices.
- Combine seasoning blend and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on slices.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.