Holiday Roasted Turkey With Orange Sage Butter
Lunch & Dinner
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 fresh sage leaves, divided
- 1 lb./455 g salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 orange, peeled, segments separated
1 (12-lb./5.4 kg) fresh or thawed turkey
- Preheat oven to 350� F/175� C.
Make the orange butter
- Make the orange butter. In the base of the Power Chef System fitted with blade attachment, add garlic, 5 sage leaves orange marmalade and butter. Cover and pull cord until garlic is well minced.
Prepare the turkey
- Using disposable towels, pat turkey dry.* Spread 3/4 of the butter mixture evenly under the skin of the turkey breasts. Rub remaining butter over entire turkey and sprinkle with salt.Stuff turkey cavity with sage, onion and orange segments. Place on roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven on lower rack.
- Roast 1� hours. Increase oven temperature to 400� F/205� C. Continue roasting an additional 15 minutes per pound, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer registers 165� F/75� C when inserted into the thickest part of the meat without touching bone. Remove pan from oven, let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.