- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic peeled and minced
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb. lumpia or egg roll wrappers
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 ½ cups frying oil (such as vegetable, canola, etc.)
- Add vegetable oil to Daily Universal Fry Pan and bring to medium heat. Add onions, garlic and cook until softened. Then add ground pork, seasonings and stir well.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes stirring occasionally until pork is fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove from heat and transfer to medium bowl.
- Add sweet potato to fry pan along with half the meat mixture and sauté over medium heat until fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cabbage and remaining meat mixture to fry pan and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes over medium heat until softened.
- In Thatsa medium bowl combine sweet potato and cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Let cool completely.
- Separate lumpia wrappers and place on smooth surface. Place whisked egg in snack cup with a basting brush.
- Turn the lumpia wrapper so it looks like a diamond shape and using Small Portioning Scoop add two scoops to lower bottom of wrapper. Fold up bottom of wrapper over mixture, fold in each side. Brush the top part of wrapper with egg wash and roll tightly to seal. Repeat process with remaining meat mixture and wrappers.
- Add frying oil to Daily Universal Fry Pan and bring to low medium heat. Once oil is hot place 3-4 lumpia at a time to fry, turning them so they fry on all sides.
- Once lumpia is golden, transfer to plate lined with paper towel and let cool 2-3 minutes. Serve warm or cold with sauce of choice.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.