Montreal Steak & Onions
Lunch & Dinner
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
- 1 large NY strip steak, outer fat trimmed, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1 large onion, peeled, sliced thin
Prep the onions
- In the base of the MicroPro Grill, add onions and sprinkle 1/4 tsp. of the salt. Place cover on top of onions in the grilling position. Microwave on high power 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and transfer to a medium bowl.
Grill the steak, toss and serve
- Meanwhile in a second medium bowl, stir together steak cubes, cornstarch, remaining salt, pepper, onion powder and coriander until steak is well coated.In the base of the MicroPro Grill, place steak cubes in an even layer. Place cover on top of steak in the grilling position. Microwave 3 minutes or until steak is medium to medium-rare and caramelized. Transfer steak to bowl with onions, toss to combine. Serve warm.