Oven Fried Chicken Sandwich with Greek Yogurt Hot Sauce
4 sandwiches (2-3 tenderloins each)
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ½ tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- In small bowl, mix buttermilk and egg until well combined. In a separate bowl whisk flour, breadcrumbs, baking powder, salt, garlic and onion powder.
- Dip chicken tenderloins in flour mixture until fully coated, then in buttermilk mixture, then again in flour mixture. Repeat process with remaining chicken pieces.
Add butter to both the Ultra Pro 2-qt./2 L Casserole Pan and the Cover, then place in microwave for 30 seconds each.
- Divide chicken pieces between the UltraPro Casserole and the Cover, on top of the butter, making sure each piece is separate from each other.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, carefully flipping chicken halfway, until fully cooked and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F/74C.
- Let chicken cool slightly, and separately make hot sauce by mixing yogurt, hot sauce, lime juice and salt until well combined.
- To serve, place 2 chicken tenderloins in bun of choice, add 2 tbsp. hot sauce and serve.