February 28, 2023
- 75 g/½ cup cake flour, sifted
- 60 g/4 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 mL/¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30 mL/2 tbsp. whole milk
- 25 mL/1½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 mL/½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar or 1 mL/¼ tsp. lemon juice
In the Thatsa® Medium Bowl whisk flour, 15 g/1 tbsp. sugar, baking powder and salt together using the Whisk.
Add milk, oil, vanilla extract, and egg yolk to the Quick Shake® Container, cover and shake until blended.
Pour the contents of the Quick Shake® Container into the Thatsa® Bowl and mix using the Silicone Spatula until you have a consistent batter.
In the Whip N Mix Chef, add the egg white, 45 g/3 tbsp sugar and cream of tartar (or lemon juice). Whip the egg white until stiff peaks.
- Gently fold half of the egg white into the Thatsa® Bowl then repeat with remaining half.
Place the Pro Ring in the base of the MicroPro® Grill and lightly oil the bottom and cover.
- Pour mixture into the Pro Ring, place cover on in the grill position and microwave 10–12 minutes at 50% power. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Using the Oven Gloves, remove cover. Place a plate or cutting board on top of the MicroPro® Grill and carefully flip. Allow to stand upside down for 10 minutes before removing the Pro Ring.
TIP: Inverting the cake will reduce the chance of the sponge cake collapsing.