- 24 cornhusks
- 4 cups instant corn masa
- 1½ tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chicken bouillon powder
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 1-cup pork fat
- ¾-cup salsa roja
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups filling of choice (shredded chicken or pork, beans, cheese or veggies)
- Additional salsa of choice
- Place cornhusks in Thatsa large bowl and add warm water. Let soak for at least 2 hours.
- In 3.5L Ultimate Mixing Bowl, add instant corn masa, salt, chicken bouillon powder and baking powder. Whisk well to combine. Add pork fat, salsa roja and mix well.
- Add chicken stock, one cup at a time, and continue mixing until fully combine. Continue mixing dough until mixture no longer sticks to hand. Test dough readiness by adding a small piece of dough to a snack cup of water. Dough should float.
- Remove cornhusk from water and add one large scoop of dough. Use spatula to spread thinly, and then add medium scoop of filling of choice and a small scoop of salsa of choice. Close cornhusk and fold down. Repeat process until all dough and cornhusks are used.
- Add water to base of Smart Multi Cooker; add 6-8 tamales to shielded colander and place on top. Cover and microwave for 12 minutes then let rest for 5 minutes. Repeat process until all tamales are fully cooked.
- Let cool slightly and serve.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.