- 280 g all-purpose flour (±2¼ cups)
- 10 ml corn starch (±2 tsp)
- 2 ml salt (±½ tsp)
- 225 g unsalted butter (softened) (±1 cup)
- 70 g sugar, plus extra for rolling (±⅓ cup)
- 70 g light brown sugar (±⅓ cup)
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 ml vanilla extract (±1 tsp)
- 100 g jam or preserves of your choice (raspberry, apricot, lemon...( (±⅓ cup)
- In a Vintage Wonderlier Bowl, whisk together flour, corn starch and salt.
- In the Fix N Mix Bowl, beat butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Using the Small Portioning Scoop, scoop out cookie dough and roll into balls then roll each ball in sugar.
- Use your thumb to gently press an indent in the center of each cookie dough ball then place in a freezer safe container. Cover and freeze for 30 min.
- Once dough is done chilling, preheat oven to Th 6-7 / 190°C / 375°F without convection. Place a silicone baking sheet on a cold oven rack or metal baking sheet and set aside
- Place jam in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 5-10 sec. at 900 watts, or until jam is not hot but no longer firm and easy to stir.
- Spoon jam into each thumbprint, filling each indent to the top.
- Place cookies 5 cm / 2 in. apart and bake for 11 min., or until edges are just beginning to turn golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before enjoying.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.