Upside Down Apple Cake
Drinks & Dessert
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2-cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- Cake ingredients listed below
- 3 gala apples, peeled and sliced 1/8�
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2-cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Caramel ingredients listed below
Preheat and Prep
- Preheat oven to 350F. In small bowl place sliced apples and juice of � lemon to prevent browning
- set aside.
Make the Caramel
- Make caramel by placing butter and brown sugar in Silicone Round Form. Place in microwave and cook for 1 minute, stopping halfway to stir.Stir in milk and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
Bake and Serve
- In 2-cup MicroPitcher place almond milk and juice of remaining � lemon, set aside to curdle milk (to make buttermilk).In medium bowl, add flour and brown sugar, mix well to combine. Make well in center and pour almond milk mixture, vegetable oil and vanilla. Stir until smooth and well incorporated.Remove 3 tbsp. of caramel from Silicone Round Form and set aside. Arrange apples in caramel in circular pattern. Pour batter on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes before inverting and serve with reserved caramel.