- Caramel ingredients listed below
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½-cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- Cake ingredients listed below
- 3 gala apples, peeled and sliced 1/8
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 lemon
- 1½ cup self-rising flour
- ½-cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat and Prep
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl place sliced apples and juice of lemon to prevent browning, set aside.
Make the Caramel
- Make caramel by placing butter and brown sugar in Silicone Round Form.
- Place in microwave and cook for 1 minute, stopping halfway to stir. Stir in milk and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
Bake and Serve
- In 2-cup MicroPitcher place almond milk and juice of remaining lemon, set aside to curdle milk (to make buttermilk).
- In Thatsa medium bowl, add flour and brown sugar, mix well to combine. Make well in center and pour almond milk mixture, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth and well incorporated. Remove 3 tbsp. of caramel from Silicone Round Form and set aside.
- Arrange apples in caramel in circular pattern. Pour batter on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before inverting and serve with reserved caramel.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.