Freezer Mates® PLUS 8-Piece Starter Set
Freeze without staining your containers
Our No. 1 freezing containers will save you tim...
Freeze without staining your containers
Our No. 1 freezing containers will save you time and energy. Thanks to their design, they freeze faster and their material enables easy unmolding when frozen. Their shape makes them nestable when empty and they take up very little space when stored in the pantry. To top it off, they feature unique stain control technology!
- Fast freezing: Their design enables optimal cold air circulation around the container for faster freezing.
- No more stains! Our unique Color Control technology helps prevent staining on the inside of the container from high-staining ingredients like tomato sauce or turmeric, so your Freezer Mates will always look just as good as the day you bought them.
- Keeps your food as fresh as the day you put it in the freezer: The tight-fitting seal helps protect your food from the dry air, prevents spillage and odors from other foods seeping in so your food stays as fresh as possible.
- Keeps your freezer neat and organized: Freezer Mates are modular, so you can organize your fridge however you like. And the colored seals help you categorize your food!
- Durable, soft and flexible containers*, allow easy unmolding and adapt as your food expands during freezing, and resist cracking and breakage up to -25°C/-13°F.
- Saves time: Prepare meals in advance to enjoy later that week or on those days you just don’t have time to cook.
- Saves money: Buying your meats and produce in bulk will save you more money in the long run. Keep what you need for the week in the fridge and freeze the rest for a later date!
- Talk about space saving! They’re nestable to save space in your cupboard when not in use.
- Sustainable - Avoid disposable freezer bags.
- Versatile - the airtight lid makes them perfect for fridge storage too.
Exclusive to Tupperware, our specially designed freezer storage containers feature a square/round shape to help you save space in your freezer, and a more flexible material to unmold frozen items with ease.
All our plastic freezer containers feature our innovative stain guard to help prevent staining from soups, stews, sauces and so much more. You'll marvel at how neatly the modular stain guard containers stack to help keep your freezer shelves organized and clutter-free. When not in use, nest the freezer storage containers to save room in your storage drawers.
With so many different sizes to choose from, you'll always find the perfect container to meet your freezer storage needs!
Includes four 1 3/4 cup/450 ml Small Shallow, two 4 3/4 cup/1.1l Small Deep, and two 4 1/4 cup/1l Medium Shallow containers.
- Save space in your freezer thanks to the stacking features on the feet and inside rim on the top of the seal.
- Neatly organize your freezer thanks to the modularity of the containers!
- Cool etched snowflake design not only lets you know it’s safe to put in the freezer, but it also makes it easier to grip when wet with condensation.
- Seal protects the contents from the dry air and prevents spillage and odors from other foods seeping in, so your food stays as fresh as possible.
- Food freezes quickly because the curve at the bottom of the container allows the cool air to circulate more evenly.
- Unmold your frozen items with ease thanks to the flexible material, rounded corners and glossy interior.
- Maximum fill line inside the container ensures your food has enough space to expand during the freezing process.
- Color Control coating helps to prevent staining from ingredients such as tomato sauce, carrots, turmeric, etc.
- Freezer containers nest together to save space in your cupboard or drawer when not in use.
- -25 °C / -13 °F
- When dishwashing, make sure to place the seal on the top rack and the base should be placed loosely in the dishwasher with no pointed or sharp items pushing against them. This will prevent deformation.
- Rinse out thoroughly before placing in the dishwasher. Residue from color-rich foods like tomato sauce can stain the outside of the container as the Color Control is only on the inside of the base.
- To optimize storage space in your cupboards, nest the containers by placing taller containers into flatter containers. For bases of the same height, place the small containers into the wider containers.
- Keep food fresh longer. Freezing slows down the chemical and microbiological processes that cause foods to spoil and lose nutrients.
- Save money. Buying in bulk is cheaper than buying in smaller quantities. But storing those extra portions can leave your freezer crowded and messy. Freezer Mates® are perfect for storing extra fish, fruits and vegetables with ease.
- Save time during your busy work week with batch cooking. Cooking large quantities of stews and other meals over the weekend saves time during the week. If you don't like eating the same meal several days in a row, freeze and store your food for later.
HOW TO STORE FROZEN FOOD
- Only freeze clean, fresh food.
- When freezing cooked food, allow to fully cool before placing into the freezer.
- Fill containers to max fill line to allow space for expansion during the freezing process.
- For larger quantities, portion food into separate containers beforehand. This will speed up the freezing time and when it's time to eat, you will have the exact amount you want to use.
- Locate the freezer’s coldest zone/drawer (read the appliance leaflet) and place the specific food in that zone for faster freezing.
The secret behind excellent results with vegetables is to blanch them in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. After boiling, cool the vegetables quickly in ice water before freezing. This process blocks enzymes that can deteriorate vegetables and will kill most of the microorganisms that can be present.
Always label food containers so you can easily identify what's in your freezer.
HOW TO THAW FOOD AFTER FREEZING
- Thaw food in the fridge overnight or in the microwave on low power/wattage. Always transfer food to a microwave-safe container.
- Do not thaw at room temperature; this can promote growth of harmful microorganisms.
- Never re-freeze thawed food.
- Once food is thawed, be sure to eat it within the recommended timeframe.