Black Forest Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup cherry juice
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup cherries, chopped
- 2 oz. chocolate bar
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
In Thatsa medium bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix in vanilla, chocolate and coffee.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour until no large lumps remain.
Add dry mixture to butter mixture in three batches alternating with buttermilk and whisk until smooth. Divide evenly into three Small Silicone Round Forms.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Unmold after cake has completely cooled.
- Assemble cake by placing one layer on a cake board and brush with cherry juice. Pipe one even layer of whipped cream and half of the chopped cherries. Repeat process with second layer then add place remaining cake on top and press down. Brush with cherry juice and freeze for 10 minutes.
Decorate with remaining whipped cream and additional cherries. Use 5-in-1 Universal Peeler to make chocolate curls on top. Serve immediately.