Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, zested
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup whole milk
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz. /115 g cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup heavy cream, chilled
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F/180° C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the Whip 'N Mix Chef, add eggs, cover, and beat on gear I until eggs are pale and frothy.
- Add sugar, and lemon zest, and then switch to gear II and mix until combined.
- Attach the funnel to the cover and pour olive oil. Slowly mix until all the oil is gone from the funnel.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the Whip ‘N Mix and slowly mix on gear II until mostly combined.
- Using the funnel, pour in the milk and slowly mix just until incorporated, then add the remaining flour mixture and mix again.
- Pour batter into the UltraPro Magic Stack Set and smooth the top. Bake for 35–40 min. or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make Whipped Cream by combining cream cheese and heavy cream in the base of the Whip 'N Mix Chef. Whip on gear I until creamy then add cream cheese, switch to gear II, and whip until smooth.
- Let stand for 5 minutes then unmold. Let cool completely then top with Cream Cheese Frosting. Serve immediately.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.