Berry Patriotic Shaved Ice Syrup
Drinks & Dessert
- 5 oz./140 g frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
5 oz./140 g frozen fruit strawberries, thawed
Cook the fruit
- In the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher Set, stir together strawberries, 1 cup water, 1 cup of sugar, and 1/8 tsp. of salt. Microwave on high power 2� minutes. Remove from microwave and transfer to a bowl. Let stand 5 minutes or until fruit is soft. Meanwhile, repeat with blueberries and remaining water, sugar and salt.
Puree the fruit
- Transfer strawberry mixture to the Power Chef System with blade attachment. Place cover on Power Chef System, pull cord to puree. Return strawberries to bowl. Rinse Power Chef System and blade, and repeat with blueberries.
Finish and serve
- Strain strawberry and blueberry puree into separate Squeeze It� Bottles. Add water as needed to create desired consistency.