- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 dry guajillo peppers, deseeded
- 2 ancho peppers, deseeded
- 15.5 oz. can white hominy
- Serve with limes and cilantro
- Place chicken, salt, oregano, garlic and chicken stock in base of Microwave Pressure Cooker. Cover, lock in place and microwave at high power for 15 minutes. At the end of cooking time, let pressure release naturally.
- Meanwhile, add guajillo and ancho peppers to Chef Series II 2.6-Qt./2.5 L Saucepan and add enough water to cover them. Heat up over medium low heat for 20 minutes until peppers are fully hydrated and soft.
- Remove chicken from Pressure Cooker and shred using the SuperSonic Chopper Extra fitted with blade attachment. Set aside. Remove cooked onion and garlic from Pressure Cooker and set aside. Return shredded chicken to Pressure Cooker.
- In base of SuperSonic Chopper Extra fitted with blade attachment, add softened peppers, cooked onion, garlic and about 1 cup of the liquid from the peppers. Replace cover and pull cord until pureed.
- Strain mixture into the Pressure Cooker and mix to combine. Stir in hominy; cover, lock in place and microwave for an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with lime juice, cilantro and serve warm.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.