- 75 g/½ cup all-purpose flour
- 60 g/¼ cup granulated sugar
- 35 g/¼ cup pistachios, finely chopped using Supersonic Chopper Compact, plus more for topping
- 5 mL/1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 mL/¼ tsp. cardamom powder
- 2 large eggs
- 45 mL/3 tbsp. whole milk
- 45 mL/3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 mL/¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 256 g /2 cups powdered sugar
- 55 g /¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 30 mL/2 tbsp. orange juice
- 5 mL/1 tsp. orange zest
- In the Thatsa® Medium Bowl whisk flour, sugar, chopped pistachios, baking powder and cardamom powder together using the Whisk.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla to the Quick Shake® Container, cover and shake until blended.
- Pour the contents of the Quick Shake® Container into the Thatsa® Bowl and mix using the Silicone Spatula until you have a consistent batter.
- Place the Pro Ring in the base of the MicroPro® Grill and lightly oil the bottom and cover.
- Pour mixture into the Pro Ring, place cover on in the grill position and microwave 10 minutes at 50% power.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before unmolding. Use the Silicone Spatula Thin all around the cake to easily remove the Pro Ring and the Spatula to remove the cake the from MicroPro® Grill.
- In the base of the Supersonic Chopper Extra fitted with paddle attachment, add all ingredients for the frosting, cover and pull cord until you have a consistent mixture.
- When the cake is cool, cut it into two even layers. Spread a thin coating of frosting on one layer of the cake using the SIlicone Spatula then place the other cake layer on top. Evenly frost the top and sides of the cake. Top with chopped pistachios.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.